AA Adonis Rubbish Removals will come to your location to remove rubbish and unwanted goods. No load is too big or too small, and we service most areas of metropolitan Sydney including rubbish removal in East Lindfield. We sort and dispose of rubbish for landfill, recycling, and green waste, and we donate as much as we can to charity or for reuse or repurposing.
One thing we are unable to handle is hazardous waste. For hazardous waste rubbish removal in the Sydney suburbs, alternative methods of waste removal must be used.
What is Hazardous Waste?
Australian law dictates that hazardous waste is any waste that is toxic, ecotoxic, poisonous, explosive, flammable, or is an infectious substance. It includes but is not limited to:
- waste containing asbestos, copper, zinc, lead, mercury, or cadmium
- waste oils/water
- wastes from the production of latex, plastics, glues and adhesives, and resins
- residues from industrial waste disposal
- clinical waste
- household waste and residues from household or other waste incineration
Hazardous waste must never be discarded into general waste or recycling bins, and it is essential that it is always kept out of landfill. This is for the safety of human, animal, bird and aquatic life, and the environment.
How to Dispose of Hazardous Waste?
Sydney councils provide alternatives for hazardous waste removal. Some of these incentives include:
- E-Waste drop off days are held by local councils on a regular periodic basis – these events encourage citizens to drop-off household batteries, mobile phones, cameras, computers, and other electronic waste including light bulbs and globes.
- Chemical CleanOut is run by the EPA (Environment Protection Authority). Chemical CleanOut is a drop off day held a few times each year. It allows for the safe and drop-off of household chemicals at a local collection point from which they will be disposed of appropriately. Some of the chemicals that are accepted include paints, paint thinners, chemical cleaners, pool chemicals, solvents, poisons, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, aerosols, acids and alkalis, car batteries, household batteries, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, motor oils, fluids and fuels, fluorescent lamps, light globes, smoke alarms, hobby chemicals, skincare and cosmetics. Only household quantities of these are accepted.
Many chemicals that are collected go onto be recycled by speciality companies; others are specially treated prior to being disposed of in an environmentally responsible way.
To find out if we can collect a specific type of waste or rubbish item, call AA Adonis Rubbish Removals in East Lindfield and we will answer your questions.