The suburb of Silverwater is situated twenty kilometres west of the Sydney central business district. It is located in the local government area of Auburn City. Situated on the southern bank of Parramatta River, it is home to many commercial enterprises, industrial areas, small cafes and retail precincts, and the Silverwater Correctional Facility. It is close to Sydney’s Olympic Park.
Auburn City Council is responsible for all public waste collection and kerbside rubbish removal in Silverwater and its surrounding suburbs. Domestic and commercial waste removal services are provided by council for general waste, recycling, and green organic waste. Auburn Council has a commitment to reducing the amount of waste from its local government area that ends up in landfill.
Initiatives include encouraging resident to:
- Purchase recyclable products
- Sell unwanted items at garage sales
- Buy second hand
- Recycle items including clothing at local charity collection depots and shops
- Buy goods with minimal packaging
- Use reusable containers
- Use organic reusable shopping bags
- Invest in home compost or a worm farm
- Use reusable nappies
- Return plastic shopping bags to supermarket bins for recycling
- Random recycling bin and green waste inspections
- Free E-waste drop off days twice per year. Most parts are recycled following removal of toxic components.
- Mobile Muster to recycle mobile phone parts
- Council-provided compost and worm farms for household use.
- Reporting of illegal dumping
- Council kerbside cleanup days
- Community sharps disposal bins
- Safe needle disposal at local participating pharmacies and certain public amenities blocks
- Free EPA Household Chemical Cleanout is held annually
Silverwater is one of the many suburbs conveniently serviced by AA Adonis Rubbish Removals. Call Andrew today on 0418 671 297 to get a quote and book a pickup. There is no need to wait for that scheduled collection day!