Looking for Rubbish Removal in and around Surry Hills? Inner city living can be great but the fast paced lifestyle and lack of open spaces can often feel like your being boxed in. Decluttering your home is an incredibly liberating exercise. It is a first and very important step to a wider “decluttering” of your life – on the way to living a happier, simpler, healthier existence.
Here are some basic tips to help you get started on the task of decluttering:
- Work though your home one room at a time. Break the process down into small jobs, instead of facing it as one, big, overwhelming chore.
- Consider what can be donated – charity organisations will be incredibly grateful to receive donations of good quality, useful items that are in perfect working order.
- If it’s not useful, beautiful, sentimental, or you love it – let it go.
- For everything new that you buy, get rid of something. This is particularly applicable to clothing!
- Try to look at your home or space with fresh eyes. How would it look if you were seeing it for the first time? How do you want it to look?
- Items you can’t bear to part with but which are not in use or on display can be boxed and stored. Reassess whether you still want or need to keep them in six or twelve months.
- Some things just need to go. These include old magazines and newspapers; paperwork dating back more than seven years (keep until then if for tax purposes); books you have read and either didn’t love or don’t intend to read again; clothing that no longer fits; anything that is broken or no longer works.
- Too many of us feel obliged to keep things that belonged to deceased family members. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not, know this: your dearly departed loved one does not care about stuff! (Even if they were the most materialistic person ever in life!!) Their possessions should not become your burden. If you don’t want it for yourself – get rid of it.
- Keeping kids toys once the kids are grown up is ridiculous. You might think grandchildren will use them one day – but realistically, they won’t – and you’ll want to spoil grandkids with new things of their own. Just keep a favourite, loved toy or two and some favourite books. Toss or donate the rest.
There is an amazing sense of freedom and abundance in owning less. By culling and removing excess material items, we can actually feel lighter in ourselves – and this is a wonderful thing. So let it go!
When you undergo a big cull of “stuff”, what you have to get rid of can seem overwhelming. Don’t panic! AA Adonis Rubbish Removals is here to help. Just give us a call and we will come to your door for all Sydney rubbish removals and take your unwanted items away. Usually able to offer a same day service, we are fast, professional, tody and friendly – what more could you ask for?