Proper Rubbish Removal in Campsie is as important as it is everywhere else in the Sydney Metropolitan Area: it is the responsibility of each and every one of us.
One major way to affect proper rubbish removal is to actively minimise waste. According to data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, every single Australian contributes to a staggering two tonnes of waste each year. This comprises both residential household rubbish as well as industrial waste generated by the things we buy and use. With waste refuse tips reaching breaking point, we need to find better ways to manage waste.
By minimising the waste we create, it’s possible to cut waste generated by at least half. This requires a strong commitment to reducing waste, re-using goods, and recycling wherever possible. It also means composting and reducing litter.
- Don’t drop litter! Anything you drop, no matter how small, will eventually find its way into roads, bush land, parks, beaches, stormwater channels, and the ocean. It is harmful to animals, birds, marine life and humans.
- Choose products packaged in reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable containers and packaging. Seek out better alternatives and don’t buy unnecessarily packaged foods like fruit and vegetables.
- Recycle all recyclable waste material – including composting organic or plant-based foods.
- Bulk-buy but only what will be used in its entirety.
- Carry your own recyclable “green” shopping bags.
- Re-use plastic bags over again.
- Choose quality over quantity.
- Repair items in favour of replacing them.
- Reduce use of and waste of both water and energy. Turn off lights when not in use; don’t fill the bathtub, and take shorter showers. Wash laundry in cold water. Only run a washing machine or dishwasher when it is full.
- Choose a water-efficient garden with hardy plants that require less watering.
- Donate unwanted, good quality clothing, toys, home wares and books to charity.
- Use a reusable lunchbox rather than disposable wraps.
- Print on both sides of paper and reuse envelopes where possible.
- Contact your local council to avail information on all recycling initiatives in your area.
Call AA Adonis Rubbish Removals to Campsie to take away all of your unwanted, non-hazardous goods. We come to your door and dispose of rubbish in the most sustainable way possible – recycling, reusing, and donating where possible.