Appropriate Rubbish Removal in East Lindfield is crucial, just as it is elsewhere throughout the Sydney Metropolitan Area: it is the responsibility of each and every one of us to dispose of our rubbish properly and also to minimise our waste from the outset.
One major way to achieve this is to actively minimise the waste we generate.
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, every Australian contributes to two tonnes of waste each year. This staggering amount comprises both residential household rubbish, as well as industrial waste that is created by the things we purchase and use.
Landfill rubbish tips are very close to reaching breaking point, and as such, we need to find much better, more environmentally-sustainable ways to manage our waste. By actively minimising, it’s possible to cut waste generated by at least half. This, however, does require a strong commitment to reducing waste. It means choosing to compost litter, recycle, re-use goods, and donate unwanted goods.
Tips for Waste Minimisation
- Choose products in reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable packaging. Don’t buy wrapped fruit and vegetables – this is unnecessary. Seek better.
- Recycle all suitable recyclable waste material. This includes including composting organic or plant-based foods (but not meats or fish).
- Bulk-buy where appropriate, but only items that will be used in their entirety.
- Use your own recyclable shopping bags.
- Use a reusable lunchbox rather than disposable wraps.
- Don’t drop litter – ever! No matter how small or seemingly insignificant, each piece of litter will eventually find its way onto roads, into bush land, and pollute our parks, beaches, stormwater channels, and the ocean. Litter (especially plastic) is extremely harmful to animals, birds, marine life and even humans.
- Always choose quality over quantity.
- Repair items in favour of replacing them.
- Choose a water-efficient garden with native plants that require less watering.
- Reduce waste of both water and energy. Turn off your lights when they are not in use. Take shorter showers and if you take a bath, don’t fill the tub. Wash laundry in cold water as much as possible and run a washing machine or dishwasher only when it is full.
- Donate good quality clothing, toys, homewares and books that you no longer want to charity.
- Print on both sides of paper and reuse envelopes where possible. Recycle or reuse gift wrap as well.
Contact your local council for recycling initiatives in your area. Also, know that AA Adonis Rubbish Removals in East Lindfield is available to take away all of your unwanted, non-hazardous goods.