Rubbish removal in Pyrmont is undertaken to a large extent by the local council. But we can do more ourselves rather than simply relying on council rubbish collectors to remove our trash.
Most of us, both as householders and as commercial enterprise operators, generate much more waste than council will dispose of each year. Even what council will take away doesn’t need to be nearly as much as it is.
There’s a lot to be said for living with less, consuming less, and hence generating much less waste.
Here are some tips for effective individual waste reduction:
- Recycle as much as you can
- Compost organic, non-meat kitchen scraps
- Purchase non-perishable goods in bulk
- Use washable cloth nappies for infants
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Buy products in reusable/recyclable packaging
- Don’t buy fruit and vegetables that are packaged in plastic
- Buy and use washable, reusable water bottles
- Buy concentrated detergents (use tiny amounts!) or alternatively, make your own natural ones
- Repair items whenever possible rather than discarding and buying new
- Donate unwanted goods like clothing, toys, books, etc to charity organisations
- Buy pre-loved books or eBooks in preference to new paper books
- Join your local library and borrow books
- Read newspapers and magazines online
- If using disposable products, choose sustainable varieties
- If you buy paper, choose recycled
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Opt for email communications rather than traditional paper post
- Use loose leaf teas in preference to tea bags
- Make your own baby food
- Use a washable, reusable lunchbox and don’t use cling film as well
- Reuse gift wrapping paper and ribbon
- Revamp out of date clothing, either yourself or by paying a tailor – shorten skirts, make tops or skirts out of dresses.
For convenient to-your-door waste removal, call AA Adonis Rubbish Removals to Pyrmont. Don’t wait for your local council cleanup days or booked collections! We can come to your home or workplace, we sort and load your unwanted stuff, and remove all of your rubbish (with the exception of hazardous waste) promptly and at a great price.