Spring has well and truly sprung in Sydney and that means it’s the perfect time to have a big cleanup. There’s nothing better than opening your home (or office) to fresh balmy air and getting rid of unwanted clutter.
Whether you’re sending that unwanted clutter to the rubbish dump, a recycling facility, or donating it to a charity organisation, you want to be thorough and do the job right.
Here is a short list sampling some of the things you should get rid of whenever you have a big cleanup…
- Expired pantry goods, including: old jars of herbs and spices; outdated biscuits; old out of date flours and sugars; and packaged dry goods. Any tinned goods that are older than eighteen months should be discarded. .
- Frozen leftovers. These are great but they don’t last forever. If it’s been in your freezer for three to six months (or longer), accept that you’re not going to eat it and put it in the bin.
- Any Tupperware style container or lid that doesn’t have a mate.
- Garage clutter. Unwanted stuff seems to multiply in the garage (or in that cupboard under your stairs). If it’s not useful or valuable to you, toss it responsibly.
- Donate all unwanted books, good quality and unsoiled baby goods, and children’s’ toys, if they are in good condition; discard them into the bin if not.
- Get rid of old pillows. Pillows should be replaced every eighteen months and most modern pillows will have a recommended expiry date printed on them. Over time, they become full of dead skin, dust mites, saliva, fungi, and other allergenic things. Do yourself and your sleeping partner a favour and get new ones.
- Old cosmetics and perfumes. Liquid makeup dries and separates and can become a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria. Completely replace cosmetics and moisturisers as well as sunscreens every twelve months. Perfumes also deteriorate over time – keep them in a dark place like a wardrobe and discard them when they begin to lose their potency or the smell changes.
- Expired or unwanted medications. Even vitamins or paracetamol and aspirin might not work properly once they have is expired – don’t risk using them. Instead, take these to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- Unused and unwanted gadgets.
- Old unnecessary paperwork, pens and pencils, and anything not used in the last year. Only keep papers necessary for taxation purposes.
- Old paints, etc.
- Recycle old magazines, newspapers, junk mail, workbooks from previous school years.
- Anything you don’t use.
- Anything that is broken and you can’t repair.
Getting rid of unwanted stuff clears the way for fresh spring energy and opens your life up to new beginnings. Clearing clutter isn’t just great for the look s and feel of your home, but for your mental wellbeing as well.
For rubbish removals in Turrella, call AAAdonis Rubbish Removals in Sydney to come and take away all your unwanted stuff. We dispose of everything mindfully and in an environmentally sustainable way.