We may still be sweltering through the peak of summer, but very soon the weather will slowly begin to cool as autumn arrives and sets in.
Autumn is a great time to do a major garden cleanup. It’s prime time to properly prepare your garden for the coming winter so that it continues to thrive. Using professional services for rubbish removal in Point Piper is a wise way to help manage the job.
Autumn is the ideal time for soil preparation, better in fact than any other time of year. It will maximise the capacity of your soil to hold moisture and nutrients, helping you to guarantee flourishing plants in your garden later in the year.
In the coming weeks and into March and early April:
- Dead or dying annuals
- Diseased vegetable plants
- Roots of weeds and dying plants
- Old vines
- All plant debris
- Till the soil to improve drainage and increase the oxygen to the roots of plants
- Compost and mulch autumn leaves
- Spread compost /mulch over your soil
- Spinach, lettuce, and broccoli for winter harvest
- Autumn/winter- flowering bulbs (anemone, jonquil, tulip, daffodil, iris, freesia, and hyacinth)
- Divide and replant perennials where needed.
- Cut stems on non-winter-blooming perennials to a distance of five to ten centimetres from the ground
- Check garden tools and equipment for rust or deterioration
Call on AA Adonis for fast, same or next-day garden waste and rubbish removals in Point Piper. We are just a phone call or email away!